Fresh with a mouthwatering acidity and richly textured. Passion fruit sorbet, gooseberries, river pebble and limes with subtle green fig tones. Previous vintages confirm that this wine ages beautifully with the development of secondary pea and white asparagus flavours.
360° Sauvignon Blanc may be enjoyed as an aperitif, ice cold on a hot summer's day, but at best it is a wine to be enjoyed with food, particularly seafood with lemon butter, salads, and carpaccio with rocket.
In The Vineyard
An outstanding year for the 360° Sauvignon Blanc 2011.
Following in history’s footsteps - this specific vineyard did once again not disappoint! South facing and elevated, 340 meters above sea level, facing straight on to False Bay. This year we fine tuned our selection with aerial and infrared photographs of our 360° vineyard, on Zevenwacht’s most elevated position. The grapes from this sight derive the full benefit from the cool sea breeze during the slow ripening stages. Pungency, aroma and full concentration are the hallmark of this fine Sauvignon Blanc. There is no shortage of these varietal characteristics on these lofty southern slopes.
S 330 43 E 180 83 At this point there is a 360 degree view of the Zevenwacht Estate and surroundings, from Table Bay, Table Mountain, False Bay (Seal Island), Gordon's Bay, the Stellenbosch winelands and Robben Island.
About The Harvest
The grapes were harvested at 22.5° Balling in the early hours of the morning and were all hand picked.
In The Cellar
95% of the wine was tank fermented at 12°C. A very small portion, namely the remaining 5% was barrel fermented in 2nd fill, 500L French Oak barrels. Both components spent 6 months on the gross lees.